by Anna Krawczyk – bluebirdbeads.blogspot.com
– 38 Rondelle beads 6mm x 4mm
– cotton macramé cord waxed (not thicker than 1mm)
– clasp of your choice (lobster swivel clasp in this case)
– few jump rings (3-7)
– charm of your choice
– small scissors
1. Cut two pieces of cord: one of about 70cm and one of minimum 160cm
2. Fold the shorter cord in half and string one jump ring on it.
3. Make a knot on a longer piece of cord and place it around the shorter cord. Tighten the knot, so that the left side of the long cord is about 30cm longer than the right one. We need this, as we will string our Rondelle beads only on this longer cord. I put the names on the picture below for easier understanding.
4. Now we are going to start with square macramé knot, a basic knot that we will use till the end of our work. Place the long cord under the base cord and over the short cord.
5. Take the end of the short cord and put it over all other cords inside the loop on the left side.
6. Pull on both long and short cord to tighten the knot.
7. Now we have a long cord on the right side and short one on the left side. Again place the long cord under the base cord and over the short cord.
8. Take the end of the short cord and put it over all other cords inside the loop on the right side. Pull on both long and short cord to tighten the knot. The long cord is back on the left side. We will be repeating the same steps (4-8) all over, we will just add Rondelle beads later on.
9. Repeat steps 4 to 8 once more. You should now have something similar to the small picture below.
10. Now let’s make our life easier and tie a small knot on the short cord, as we will be stringing Rondelle beads only on the long cord. This is only not to confuse the cords.
11. String the Rondelle bead on the long cord and move it all the way up.
12. Proceed with macramé knot exactly like before – place the long cord under the base cord and over the short cord..
… and put the short cord over all other cords inside the loop – tighten the knot.
13. Now the long cord is on the right side and it is time to string another Rondelle (and move it up the cord).
14. Repeat the step no 7 (place the long cord under the base cord and over the short cord).
15. Come back with the short cord over other cords inside the loop and tighten the knot.
16. Repeat from the step no 11 to step no 15 until you have desired length of the bracelet.
17. After we reached our desired length of the bracelet we need to string the clasp on the base cord. If the clasp does not go with the jump ring, we need to attached it first.
18. Now we fold our base cord and place the straps beneath the bracelet.
19. We proceed with standard square macramé knot including folded base cords inside to close our bracelet.
20. Tie the knot and repeat the whole circle two times (that means the long cord on which we were stringing the beads is back on the left side).
21. Turn the bracelet and pull the base cords till desired length (about 5mm from the knots).
22. Using long and short cord tie a simple knot, so that it is inside the base cords. The long cord will be on the right side and the short cords on the left side after that.
23. String the Rondelle beads on the cords and make a simple knot, so that the length of the cords is about 3-4cm.
24. Cut the base cord and both side cords. You can use the translucent glue to protect the knots at this point, but it is not really necessary.
25. Attach as many jump rings as you see fit to the ring on the beginning of the bracelet and attach the charm in the end. It will help putting on the bracelet and because of the rings it will be possible to adjust the size.
26. Make at least two bracelets in different colours, as they look great together. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
I hope you will find this tutorial helpful. Please share pictures of your Glam Macramé Rondelle Bracelet – bluebirdbeads.blogspot.com
- this post uses affiliate links
Spread the love